Friday, July 3, 2015

Ginger Jesus Live in Manila 2015

Ed Sheeran (n). Ginger hair. Plaid shirts. Guitar dude. Lyricist so fine that I really wanna make him mine.

A concert in the city on a school night? Why not! Although I had to miss two of my classes (shh!) and ride a bus and a jeep to the Mall of Asia Arena to see the love of my life and the inspiration of my high school band, hey, it might be the last time I'd hear my idol live! I wouldn't miss it for the world! It could've been more simple if I didn't have an 8 a.m. class in Los Baños the other day, but, what the heck! I'm not going to put my VIP ticket that I tried my best to save up for go to waste! I'd do anything for you, Ginger Jesus. Anything.


It was wonderful to watch up front with my band mates our inspiration to start The Temporary, and to share this experience with my mom and sister, even though we weren't side by side. One thing I appreciate in Ed's music is how each song is a tale of the reality. Most of his songs are emotional, especially the lyrics, but once you think about them, you realize that they tell you a certain message on life and love, and it makes you feel a little lighter. 


"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

Ed started playing the guitar, and shortly after, writing his own songs. At the age of 14, Ed left for London to achieve his goal. Years after, he made it into the music industry and became a huge success. The road he tackled was not even close to the easy path, but he had a dream, and he wanted to live it. He did his best, gave all he got, and the rest was history. He taught me to never give up and fight, and that's what I'll keep on doing.

p.s. all photos were taken using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
p.p.s. follow me on Twitter and like my Facebook page for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment